Online Crime Reporting
Please do not continue to the form if any of the following are true:
- You have an emergency or a serious crime is happening right now - call 911
- A suspect to the crime is known or suspected
- If what you are reporting is a vehicle crash
- The incident did not occur in Rio Rancho, New Mexico
- Any kind of follow-up or response by police is necessary
- Your vehicle was entered and there is evidence that someone touched anything inside the vehicle (this is potentially an auto burglary and you should contact police immediately)
If you desire a response or a follow-up investigation by the Police Department, please call the non-emergency number at (505) 891-7226.
Please continue to the form if any of the following are true:
- Criminal Damage: When an unknown person damaged, or vandalizes any of your property without going into your vehicle or residence (example -your property is egged, or spray painted)
- Shoplifting under $500 with no suspect information: Example - you own or manage a local business and an unknown person took items without paying for them
- Falsely obtaining services: Example - you believe someone is stealing water (or some other service) from your property and that is reflected on your bill
- Larceny: An unknown person took something that belongs to you without entering your vehicle or residence (example - a bicycle (or any other item) was removed from your yard and you have no idea who took it)
- Fraud: An unknown person used deception to take money or resources from you (example - scams and credit card issues)
- Civil Reports: When a citizen desires to submit a report about a civil matter such as a custody dispute, documenting restraining order violations (further action may be required involving an order to show cause)
- Neighbor Disputes
- Informational Reports: When a citizen wishes to inform the Police Department about any issue (excluding the list of things not covered by this form), even if the issue does not involve a crime (example - traffic issues, Crime tips, etc.
If what you have to report does not fall within these categories, please call the non-emergency number at (505) 891-7226. If you have an actual emergency, call 911.