There is currently no test proctoring available.
The Loma Colorado Main Library offers test proctoring at no charge. Proctoring takes place during the library’s opening hours which are: Monday-Thursday 10 am - 8 pm, and Friday-Saturday, 10 am - 5 pm. All proctorings are done by a librarian.
To schedule a proctored exam please fill out this form. You will be contacted in 24-48 hours.
Given staff availability, there is a need to schedule in advance. We ask for a one-week notice prior to the test being administered.
Additionally, the following guidelines apply:
- The student must fill out a Student Proctoring Form and submit it to the proctor.
- It is the student’s responsibility to make sure that the proctor receives the proctoring instructions, exam (if written) and access code (if online) by contacting the school’s testing center or professor.
- The proctor helps library customers at a busy reference desk during the proctoring and will not be able to watch the student at all times.
- The library’s desktop computers are not within sight of the proctor at the reference desk. If the school or testing center allows, students may use wireless laptops with the understanding that a wireless connection is not as reliable.
- The library reserves the right to substitute a proctor if the proctor of record is not at the reference desk at the time of the test.
- The student will be required to present a photo ID at the time of the exam.
- There is no guarantee of quiet.
- Proctors will enforce any time limits that are placed on the exam, as well as any other rules set forth in the exam materials.
- Any perceived violation of the posted rules for the exam will be reported to the educational institution.
- Librarians cannot proctor tests that students bring in themselves.
- Librarians will not sign a proctoring verification that attests to more than the staff member has been able to do.
- The library will not be responsible for tests that are interrupted by library emergencies, power failures, or computer hardware or software failures.
- The library will not be responsible for any completed tests once they leave the library’s possession and have been mailed or transmitted back to the educational institution.
For more information, please contact:
Joseph McKenzie, Librarian
(505) 891-5013 x3034