Southern Boulevard Phase II Final Design
Southern Boulevard Phase II Final Design included Southern Boulevard from Golf Course Road to Unser Boulevard and is a similar design to the recently completed Southern Boulevard Phase I project from NM 528 to Golf Course Road. The design is funded with City funds (approximately $600,000) and Federal funds (approximately $1.8 million).
This design addresses improvements including: a widened road design for reconstruction of a four-lane divided roadway with bicycle lanes, a multi-use trial and sidewalk, right-of-way mapping, traffic signals, lighting, drainage, and utilities.
Construction dates have not yet been determined and are dependent on funding.
- October 2022: Proceeding to final plans for Phase IIA.
- September 2022: Right of Way maps in review.
- August 2022: Right of Way maps in development.
- May 2022: Second Public Meeting held.
- April 2022: Design documents completed to 90%.
- March 2022: Pothole drilling to locate utilities complete.
- December 2021: Pothole drilling to locate utilities in roadway. During this time, one lane of Southern Blvd. may closed for a short period of time.
- August 2021: Design documents completed to 60%.
- June 2021:
City Project Manger and Design Consultant walked corridor and made initial contact with business owners. Preliminary Drainage Report complete.
- May 2021:
Geotechnical Engineering Services and report complete.
- January 2021:
Topographical survey and aerial mapping complete. Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE) Level B complete.
- October 2020:
Programmatic Categorical Exclusion (PCE) was issued by the New Mexico Department of Transportation (NMDOT) certifying the project does not have significant environmental impacts.
@(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>