Who oversees road construction in the City?

Road construction is overseen by four main areas: the Capital Improvements Section of the Engineering Division in the Department of Public Works, the Engineering Division of the Development Services Department (DSD), Sandoval County, and the New Mexico Department of Transportation (NMDOT). The Capital Improvements Section takes care of road construction on capital projects, a list of which can be found on the Current City Projects page. The Engineering Division of DSD handles the road construction of new subdivisions or for commercial development. Sandoval County typically does work outside the City Limits, but occasionally does work within City Limits. NMDOT handles road construction on state roads: NM 528, US 550, and Paseo del Volcan (NM 347).

Show All Answers

1. Who oversees road construction in the City?
2. Where can I find current road construction delays?
3. Who oversees the construction on NM 528?
4. What are Capital Improvement Projects?
5. How do Capital Improvement Projects get approved?
6. How do Capital Improvement Projects get funded?
7. Why do Capital Improvement Projects take so long?
8. Why do we have design criteria and standard details?
9. How often do the design criteria and standard details get updated?
10. Why are residential roads being dug up near the water meter?